STRUCTURES: Buildings & Bridges set is full of exciting, hands-on experiments that let kids investigate architectural design, types of force and how engineers work to build these structures. Build 9 working models such as a house, a pyramid and various types of bridges: beam, arch, truss, cable-stayed and suspension bridge. Lots of detailed information provided in the cool, easy-to-follow, instruction booklet as well as on-line. For ages 8-12 yrs, from Elenco Electronics.
- Conduct experiments to learn about the main forces acting on bridges and buildings
- Discover how trusses work
- Discover how triangulation provides strength to buildings
- Learn about the major types of cable bridges
- Find out how engineers produce architectural designs that support massive weight
- Includes a 36 page, easy-to-follow, building instruction booklet with detailed explanations of the different scientific principles, theory, experimental activities, quiz and building instructions
- Innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning